Wrapped In White: The Authors
Check back with us each day for the next 13 as we introduce you to the talented authors of
DADDY’S GLASSES—Allison M. Dickson is a writer of dark contemporary fiction. Two of her short stories currently appear in The Endlands Volume 2 from Hobbes End Publishing, and two of her collected works are currently available on Amazon along with her indie pulp novel, COLT COLTRANE AND THE LOTUS KILLER. Her debut novel STRINGS, a psychological suspense story, released to rave reviews from Hobbes End, and the same publisher will be releasing her dystopian sci-fi book, THE LAST SUPPER, in spring of 2014. When she’s not writing, she’s co-hosting a weekly podcast, Creative Commoners. After spending several years in Olympia, Washington she returned with her husband and kids to her native Midwest and currently resides in Dayton, OH.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Allison M. Dickson
- Author Interview: Allison M. Dickson
- The Amazing Allison Dickson — Review of STRINGS and Author Interview
*** THE CURSE OF KIRBY—Some dark serendipity plopped a young Patrick C. Greene in front of a series of ever stranger films-and experiences-in his formative years, leading to a unique viewpoint. His odd interests have led to pursuits in film acting, paranormal investigation, martial arts, quantum physics, bizarre folklore and eastern philosophy. These elements flavor his screenplays and fiction works, often leading to strange and unexpected detours designed to keep viewers and readers on their toes. Literary influences range from Poe to Clive Barker to John Keel to a certain best-selling Bangorian. Suspense, irony, and outrageously surreal circumstances test the characters who populate his work, taking them and the reader on a grandly bizarre journey into the furthest realms of darkness. The uneasy notion that reality itself is not only relative but indeed elastic- is the hallmark of Greene’s writing. Living in the rural periphery of Asheville North Carolina with his wife, youngest son and an ever-growing army of cats, Greene still trains in martial arts when he’s not giving birth to demons via his pen and keyboard.
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE Edition ~ Patrick C. Greene
- Author Interview: Patrick C. Greene for The Curse of Kirby
- Smashwords Interviews Patrick C. Greene
*** THE WHITE BOY—Joshua Rex is a writer, painter, and musician who works with stringed instruments in Boston, MA. His work has appeared on Pseudopod.org, in Death Throes webzine and most recently the anthology ‘Wrapped in White’ from Sekhmet Press. He recently finished a collection of short stories entitled ‘New Monsters’ and is currently revising his first novel.
- Author Interview: Joshua Rex – The White Boy
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Joshua Rex
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE Edition ~ Joshua Rex
*** UNSEEN—James Glass enjoys his privacy, but frequently finds that he plays an unwilling host to Xircon. When not visiting red light districts of red light cities, he can frequently be found contemplating life in the seediest of libraries. (aka Suzi M)
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Suzi M
- 5 Quintessential Questions WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Suzi M
- Author Interview: Suzi M for “Unseen” Short Story
*** JOHN—g. Elmer Munson is a New England writer of the strange and unusual as well as the horrors of everyday life. He lives with his family and a posse of various critters in a creaky farmhouse that’s older than America herself.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils g. Elmer Munson
- 5 Quintessential Questions WRAPPED IN WHITE Edition ~ G Elmer Munson
- Author Interview: g Elmer Munson on short story “John”
*** YOU’LL THANK ME BY TOMORROW—Michael Matula is a thriller novelist and story writer from just outside of Chicago, IL. He once dreamed of being a comic book artist, sketching pictures and caption bubbles in class when he really should have been studying. Unable to draw fast enough to keep up with all the ideas and storylines he came up with, he wrote out a side story for one of his characters. He ended up falling in love with writing and never really looked back. His first novel, TRY NOT TO BURN, was published by Post Mortem Press, and has been called a “mash-up of The Matrix and Dante’s Inferno.” His short fiction has been published by Sci-Fi Short Story Magazine and DarkFuse, and also appeared in WRAPPED IN RED, a vampire anthology from Sekhmet Press.
- Try Not to Burn by Michael Matula: Character Interview and Excerpt
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Michael Matula
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Michael D. Matula
- Author Interview: Michael Matula for “You’ll Thank Me by Tomorrow”
*** THURSDAY NIGHT BINGO—Kelli A. Wilkins is an award-winning author who has published more than 90 short stories, fifteen romance novels, and four non-fiction books. Her speculative fiction has appeared in The Sun, Weird Tales, Dark Moon Digest, The First Line, and in several anthologies, including: Mistresses of the Macabre, Haunted, The Four Horsemen, Frightmares, What If… and Dark Things II: Cat Crimes: Tales of Feline Mayhem and Murder.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Kelli Wilkins
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Kelli Wilkins
- Author Interview: Kelli Wilkins for Thursday Night Bingo
*** THE WITNESS—Bryan W. Alaspa is a Chicago native and published author of over 20 works of fiction and non-fiction. He has written books in the genres of horror, thrillers, suspense, true crime, history, mysteries, young adult, paranormal and even romance. When he’s not writing, Bryan enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Melanie, and their three fur babies, Gracie, Pippa, and Hondo.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Bryan W. Alaspa
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Bryan W. Alaspa
- Author Interview: Bryan W. Alaspa for The Witness
*** HIS SHRINE TO SANTA MUERTE—Michael G. Williams is a native of the Appalachian Mountains and grew up near Asheville, North Carolina. He describes his writing as wry horror or suburban fantasy: stories told from the perspectives of vampires, unconventional investigators, magicians and hackers who live in the places so many of us also call home. Michael is also an avid athlete, a gamer and a brother in St. Anthony Hall and Mu Beta Psi.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Michael G. Williams
- New authors to watch: Sean Moore, Michael Williams & Desiree Scott
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Michael G. Williams
- Author Interview: Michael G. Williams for His Shine to Santa Muerte
*** THE OTHER ONE—Patrick O’Neill is a rising new talent in the world of Horror fiction. He resides in Dorset with wife, Nikki, and son, Benedict. His dark and unsettling tales have been included in numerous anthologies and he is currently working on his single author collection, The Darkest Eyes, and on his debut novel, No Contrition.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Patrick O’Neill
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Patrick O’Neill
- Author Interview: Patrick O’Neill for The Other One
*** INSEPARABLE—Solomon Archer, PhD is the author of PsyKu: A Work of Forensic Prose coming in the Fall of 2014 from Sekhmet Press. Solomon is currently the Chief Psychologist of the [REDACTED] State Department of Corrections. He spends much of his time working with serious and dangerously mentally ill offenders, some of whom are not so disorganized that they couldn’t figure out a way to free themselves from their restraints and stab him in the head with an altered food tray. (Incidentally, the going rate for shanking a psychologist is two pounds of coffee and three bags of Top tobacco. You know, just in case you were curious.)
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Solomon Archer, Ph.D.
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Solomon Archer
- Author Interview: Solomon Archer for Inseparable
*** WHITEOUT—Gary Buettner haunts the suburbs of Northern Indiana. More than a dozen of his stories have appeared in anthologies and online.
*** AIN’T THEY BRIGHT—Cecilia Dockins was born in Waynesboro, Tennessee, where she grew up fishing in the creeks and rivers deep in the backwoods of her hometown. She earned her B.A. in English from Middle Tennessee State University in 2010. Her influences include Elizabeth Massie and H.P. Lovecraft. Cecilia is never at a loss for material, living on a farm where unexplainable incidences are the new normal: timid knocks at the door by seemingly no one, killer chickens, and odd shadows slipping through the trees at night. She has slung instruments in surgical suites, bartended, and read a lot of books, especially pulps. Cecilia still lives in Tennessee with her husband, daughter, a bipolar boxer and two parrots. Despite being raised by hillbillies she has a full set of teeth. A southern-born gal, she must have her tea served in a tall glass with ice and sugar.
- Patrick C. Greene Unveils Cecilia Dockins
- 5 Quintessential Questions: WRAPPED IN WHITE EDITION ~ Cecilia Dockins
- Author Interview: Cecilia Dockins for Ain’t They Bright